The original J&G Sales’ Tokarev 1911 pistol. Originally fitted with GI barrels, lined with stubs of .30cal blanks. Now fitted a 2nd generation production barrel. Recently refinished by the Blues Brothers in a satin hot blue.
I have people ask about this pistol what make and model it is, what parts were added, what magazines used. Like any well built 1911, this pistol is a mutt. Built of parts I had on hand. Filled out with parts sourced from makers I trust. All fitted together by some one with a bit of talent and a little know how.
Components used in this pistol:
- Foster Ind. Inc., frame
- Springfield Armory 9mm slide of unknown vintage
- Caspain & EGW internals
- STI hammer & sear
- Greider long solid trigger, with a modified shoe
- Ed Brown mainspring housing
- VZ Grips, FRAG stocks
- Sprinco CMP recoil reducing system
- Novak wide notch rear sight and Dawson fiber optic front
- J&G Sales’ 7.62x25mm barrel, and a second barrel in 9x19mm